Yeast-less pizza dough and fresh summer veggies make this the ultimate vegan grilled pizza
In the same way that setting up the Christmas tree marks the beginning of Christmas season, setting up the patio furniture and pulling out the barbecue grill marks the start of summer at the Leung’s residence.
As a child, part of my duties growing up was to help set up the gazebo. We’d dump all the metal poles out onto the patio floor and match A’s, B’s, and C’s together until a house-looking frame was erected. One summer a strong gust of wind blew our gazebo over the deck and into our backyard! That gazebo was recently replaced with a permanent patio cover. Now that we don’t have to set up (and tear down) the flimsy gazebo, setting up for summer has gotten a lot quicker!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ¼" rounds
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 tbsp vegan pesto
- Balsamic glaze