Baba ganoush. I mildly feel like a one year old saying their first word. Is that when children speak their first word? …Can you tell I’m not a parent? Turns out the Arabic name is derived from “daddy” and “pampered”, so while I’m spot on with feeling like a toddler, this leaves me with no idea as to how “pampered daddy” relates to roasted eggplant.
Whatever its name may be, this roasted eggplant dip is creamy, fluffy, and full of umami flavour. Smokey Vegan Baba Ganoush is like a whipped hummus, airier and lighter since it’s made with eggplant rather than chickpeas. That means I can eat more of it right? Say yes.
- 1 medium to large eggplant
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Juice of ½ large lemon
- ¼ to ½ tsp garlic powder, depending on how much garlic you like
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- A small handful of fresh cilantro (optional but recommended)
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste