Quick & Dirty Kitchen
A simple comfort-food quality dish that features one of my favorite veggies – broccolini! There’s nothing too complicated or fancy about this, just simple, homemade goodness in the form of a casserole.
This is a Martha Stewart recipe that I lightened up substantially with some recipe tweaks, so you can feel good about every bite. Enjoy!
The post Chicken and Broccolini Mac and Cheese appeared first on Quick & Dirty Kitchen .
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in half horizontally OR chicken cutlets (you want a thin cut for cooking purposes)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese
- 12 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2½ cups)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs