In a few short weeks zucchini will be in abundance everywhere in my neck of the woods and probably yours as well, so I want ed you to be prepared to make this lovely Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Whipped Ricotta, so keep this recipe near by.
I’ve always loved the look of shaved ruffled ribbons of zucchini they look so elegant when placed on a platter, this salad is so pretty to serve to your family and friends, I guarantee everyone will be impressed.
It’s simple to prepare, you can make it on a whim and when all the different elements are put together the taste is truely incredible!
- 4 radishes shaved thin with a mandoline or finely cut with a knife
- 2 large lemons, 1 for zest and the other for juice to use in the dressing, save a couple slices for garnish
- 2 cups ricotta cheese, try to purchase a dryer version verses a wet one you might find in liquid at a deli, the dryer the better
- 3 heaping tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil and parsley, finely chopped
- toasted chopped walnuts
- good olive oil
- salt and pepper