The weather is warming up and this is one of my favorite meals to make for lunch or dinner, a sesame crusted salmon Nicoise salad. It’s chock full of everything good with a little twist on the classic.
Instead of using tuna as in the classic French version I replaced it with sesame crusted salmon. The crunchy sesame seeds pair perfectly with the rich, buttery flavor of the salmon, a nice contrast in taste and texture.
I like to mix together the black sesame seeds with the toasted ones, it gives such a nice crunch factor.
- 1 heaping tablespoon each of black sesame seeds and toasted sesame seeds per portion, if using 2 portions you'll need 2 tablespoons each.
- 1 bunch asparagus, cooked then tossed in a little lemon olive oil
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- red onion
- nicoise or kalamata olives, pitted
- colored fingerling potatoes or small red
- sliced Persian cucumbers (they're small)
- colored baby peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- rainbow colored cherry tomatoes
- sweet cherry peppers
- a few Calabrian chili peppers for heat
- arugula to line the platter
- USE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS YOU WANT WITH ABOVE INGREDIENTS