Don’t you love when things turn out the way you imagine? Voila!
I hesitated to put this on last week’s menu…but I took the plunge. I risked the coconut-hating palate of Mr. Prevention in a stubborn move to make a meal that appealed more to my taste buds than his. I know, how dare me!
Hey, those who do all the dishes (every night) should make a selfish move once in awhile…right? I think yes.
While Mr. Prevention would prefer a meal with meat, he sure cleared his plate in approval. And did he detect the coconut milk? Nope. But it’s not that the coconut flavor wasn’t there…it was just complimented by savory cashews and Indian spices. And heat. Plenty of spicy.
Mr. Prevention described this as a stew. I guess I could agree with that. With tomatoes coming into season, this is the perfect flavor-packed, one pan, vegetarian meal to add to your weekly menu! Enjoy!
- Hey, those who do all the dishes (every night) should make a selfish move once in awhile…right? I think yes.
- 500 g. new potatoes, steamed for 10 minutes (I did this in the microwave for ~5 minutes)
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked for 10-15 minutes and then chopped
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Handful of basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste