Christmastime is rushed and hurried; who has time for rolling pins and chilling dough? With this Whipped Christmas Shortbread recipe, you can have shortbread cookies ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
I’m completely in love with this shortbread recipe! Until I tried this recipe, I always believed that a good shortbread cookie was the result of kneading, chilling, and rolling shortbread dough before using fancy cookie cutters in hopes of getting the perfect cookie.
Well, I’ve tried them all and some of them have been really successful, but some of them have been a complete disaster. We’ve all had that experience where the dough rises and spreads during the baking process and destroys our perfectly cookie-cutter cookie.
- 1 cup butter, softened (salted or unsalted will work fine!)
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toppings of choice (sprinkles, nuts, candy, etc.)