A cake for kids of all ages! Christmas Gumdrop Bundt Cake is moist and delicious and packed full of chewy candy – who wouldn’t love that?
Gumdrop cake has to be one of the most recognizable traditional Newfoundland cakes. And even though it’s probably most popular at Christmastime, it’s a cake that can be found in some homes all year round. Why not? It’s a cake that’s both delicious and fun to eat. Both the young and the old love to eat candy. Cake and candy together – it’s like the ultimate birthday cake, wouldn’t you think?
- 1 ½ cups salted butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup canned evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups gumdrops
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar for garnish, optional