Today is the last day of my month of portable power food (I’ll do a round-up of all of the recipes in a separate post), all of which I designed for staying on track through January in particular, but all year round, too.
I’ve written only one savory option so far (Paleo Almond Flour Mushroom Muffins), so I am squeezing in one more on for this final post of the series. As good as the other recipes are, I have saved the best for last. It is extraordinary. Rock-your-world-worthy. A year from now, you will have made the recipe more times than you can count.
- Essential Batter:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups (300 grams) chickpea flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or hot sauce of choice)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chopped lightly cooked vegetables OR finely chopped /shredded raw vegetables
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional, but really good)
- Herbs (fresh or dried) and spices of choice