It strikes me as entirely unfair to put away all of the cozy favorite of November and December because the calender we choose to follow mandates that it’s a new year! Meanwhile, it’s cold, gray and a wee bit dreary, especially on the days when your socks get wet and eyelashes freeze.
Hence, pumpkin, cranberry, and a hint of spice are on today’s menu in the form of high-protein truffles. Hurrah! They are part of my month-long posts of portable, resolution-worthy energy food.
The ingredients are minimal–unsweetened pumpkin, vanilla pea protein powder, dried cranberries, tahini (or your favorite nut or seed butter), and a bit of spice. Place in bowl, stir and squish until blended, and then shape into balls. Done. If you are not a messy fingers person, you can place everything in a food processor instead (however, I am unaware of an automatic truffle baller, so some messiness is required, regardless).
- ½ cup canned unsweetened pumpkin (not pie filling)
- ½ cup all-natural vanilla pea protein powder
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons tahini (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon