Good morning, everyone! I hope that all of you had a happy Thanksgiving, replete with great food and fun with family and friends.
I had a glorious time in bed with the flu. I know, boo hoo. But at least my husband and son escaped to visit my in-laws before I could pass it on to them.
I’m finally feeling like eating again, so to celebrate, I made some cookies. Specifically, pumpkin cookies made with coconut flour that are already making me feeling healthier as well as happier.Using coconut flour instead of grain flour renders these cookies light and cakey; maple syrup gives them a distinctive fall flavor without being overly sweet (i.e., feel free to eat one or two of these for breakfast :))
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)