I absolutely LOVED this dish! My love for lasagna rivals Garfield, so it was no surprise that I loved this so much. The best part about this lasagna is that it is made in one pot and requires no boiling of pasta noodles! It is so much easier than traditional lasagna. It tastes just like the lasagna that I slave over and it only took 30 minutes! This is perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
This dish uses cottage cheese. I know some people don't like cottage cheese (I only like it baked in pasta). Feel free to swap it out with ricotta cheese. Either way it will be delicious!
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz campanelle pasta
- 1 (26 to 28-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 4 oz onion and chive cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend