This post brought to you by Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Pizzazzerie.
If you are a regular Pizzazzerie reader, you might remember me mentioning that I grew up as a child in Charleston, SC so I have a firmly rooted love for seaside celebrations and lowcountry cuisine. Charlestonians know how to party, southern style! So I’m tapping into that coastal style for a White Wine Party I’m planning! Sonoma-Cutrer (known for their Chardonnay and Pinot Noir) is introducing a special release Sauvignon Blanc and this wine will be the star of the party!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning chives for garnish