I've been receiving requests for Filipino Style Macaroni Salad...so here it is!
Unlike the usual macaroni salad which is served as a side dish, Macaroni Salad in the Philippines is mildly sweet and is served as dessert especially during parties and special gatherings. Just like any other Filipino food, it varies from region to region...but there are three characteristics that remain consistent: it's creamy, a little sweet and a little sour and it has three basic ingredients: macaroni, mayonnaise and chicken.
- 1 lb salad macaroni or ditalini
- 2 cups boiled chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup carrots, fine
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped