This harvest chicken salad has become a new favorite in my house! It’s a fun twist on a classic recipe. We are deep in the season of comforting casseroles and hearty soups. This healthy and refreshing chicken salad is a great way to lighten up your meals. I made this on Sunday and we had delicious lunches awaiting us throughout the week. The hardest part about this recipe is having to wait all morning to get to lunch!
My family doesn’t like to deviate from the classic recipes too often so I was surprised what a hit this chicken salad was. I also think serving it luxurious croissants helped. I, personally, love this served in lettuce cups. It’s so light and such a fun way to eat it.
- 1 lb chicken breast, poached and shredded
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small apple, cored and finely chopped
- ½ C nuts chopped, I used roasted almonds, pecans or walnuts.
- ¼ C craisins
- ½ C high quality mayonnaise
- ½ C Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste