Labor Day is a public holiday in the United States, celebrated on the first Monday of September. This makes a long weekend with lots of activities marking the end of summer. Family gatherings and get togethers with friends are a great opportunity to share good times and great food with our loved ones before the cold sets in and we want to stay indoors all day.
For this coming Labor Day, I think I’ll make these lovely mini quiches using Flatout Flatbread instead of the usual tart dough. It’s not only easy to work with but Flatout is always healthier choice in the kitchen. Each flatbread variety is low in fat, rich in fiber, and ideal for different recipes like wraps, super easy pizzas, sandwiches, and these amazing quiche crusts. Using flatbread couldn’t be easier and faster.
- Flatout Flatbread Classic cut in circles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely sliced onion
- 1 cup Italian chorizo in bulk
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup three-colored quinoa, cooked
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup unsweetened evaporated milk (or cream)
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup grated cheese (Edam, Colby or any other cheese you like)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parsley leaves