This one is a long time coming, guys. I’ve decided that the reckoning of time is different during the late stages of pregnancy and first few months of having a newborn. “Oh, it’ll take about three weeks,” I thought to my 8-month pregnant self. Six months later, here’s the post!
I know I’m not the only one who finds this to be true. At least I hope not. Anyway, this Huevos Rancheros Skillet is well worth the wait. I promise.
One of my favorite local diners, Peg’s Glorified Ham and Eggs, has this Huevos Rancheros Skillet that’s my favorite breakfast on earth. Seriously.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup diced sweet or red onion
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- hot sauce
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup neutral oil, like avocado oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- About 2 cups paleo-friendly enchilada sauce (two recipes in the notes!)
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, and grated
- fried eggs, as desired
- salt/pepper/cooking oil
- chopped, pre-cooked breakfast sausage (optional)