This uber-easy copycat of Red Lobster’s infamous Cheddar Bay Biscuits will bring all the deliciousness of these wildly addictive biscuits to your face without ever having to leave home!
I’ve been making these biscuits for what seems like forever and a day. It’s been a good 4 years since I’ve lived near a Red Lobster and even longer since I’ve ventured inside one. Still, the craving for their buttery Cheddar Bay biscuits remains. There’s really no shaking the craving once it starts either, as many of you know! It starts as a little twinkle of a “I could eat that” then snowballs into a ravenous game of hungry hungry hippo, causing your stomach to insist “I HAVE TO HAVE THESE NOW!”
- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1TBSP baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika or cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup of cold, unsalted butter
- 1 cup cold lowfat buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛-1/4 tsp dried parsley or fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- For extra-golden biscuits, I love adding a pinch or two of turmeric to this recipe. It's optional but really amps up the color, plus it's a healthy and all-natural mix-in!