Get your guac fix with these tasty vegan Guacamole Tacos with Southwestern Veggie Salsa. They’re super healthy and oh-so-delicious!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!
cue margaritas clinking and taco-shaped confetti
While I completely slacked off on getting this recipe to you sooner [blame it on the sunshine + slip ‘n slide] you’re still in luck. This recipe is quick, easy, and perfect for some last minute cinco de yum-o faceplantage that we all totally deserve today!
I tried my first guacamole taco in Alabama around 5 years ago. I nearly did a double take when reading the menu. “So… is it literally just guacamole on a taco?” It was. The taco was the epitome of simplicity, consisting of nothing but lettuce, tomato, and a gargantuan sized scoop of guacamole in a crunchy tortilla shell. It should have been boring, but it wasn’t. It was SO GOOD! It was all I could think about on the drive back to FL and, years later, I’m STILL thinking about it.
- 4 crunchy corn [or flour] tortillas
- see instructions below for making your own
- *for the salsa:
- ⅔ cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ⅛ cup diced red onion
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp your favorite vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro or parsley to garnish
- jalapeno slices for topping [optional]
- *for the guac:
- 2 medium-large ripe avocados
- 1-2 TBSP minced red onion [optional]
- 1 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛-1/4 tsp cumin
- ⅛-1/4 tsp salt