When I began to think about packing for a nearly two-week trip to Europe with my family a couple of weeks ago, I felt instantly overwhelmed. What was the weather like? Were my shoes comfortable enough for all that walking? And, more importantly, how was I going to cram everything into the required carry-on size suitcase?
Advice from former travelers told me one thing… depend on cardigans, layering and accessories to change an outfit to avoid packing tons of different clothes.
In the end, I repeated several clothing items, but felt like my outfits looked different enough every day.
- Makeup (I packed only the makeup I wear daily – nothing fun or fancy)
- Shampoo/ conditioner (if you’re picky like me and have to have your favorite shampoo)
- Face wash
- Lotion (I like self-tanning lotion and hotels haven’t hopped on that bangwaggon yet)
- Converters (you can’t charge anything without a proper converter
- Hair straightener I didn’t care about (many U.S. straighteners have been ruined in Europe due to the converters)
- Camera, charger
- Hand sanitizer
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Passport + a photocopy of your passport (just in case)