Hi Everyone, One thing I like about this time of year are the vegetables. Yes vegetables! In the spring its berries, berries and more berries but in the winter it is root vegetables! They last a long time, some are sweet and others have the most distinctive flavor like fennel, and whats best...
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled, sliced about 1/2"
- 3 Fennel bulbs, quartered
- 5 small turnips, quartered
- 1/2 large onion, quartered
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. rosemary, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp. thyme, fresh or dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Save some sprigs of fennel leaves and sprinkle over the vegetables before serving.