Classic, smooth, and perfect every single time, this recipe for a Classic New York Cheesecake is a hit at any dessert bar.
All things in life come in multiple formats. There are the sparkly versions of everything, covered in glitz and glitter, then there are the same exact things, toned down and done simply. Beauty and enjoyment can be discovered in both versions of anything if you are willing to explore,willing to take a leap and try variations of things that may be out of your comfort zone. Personally, I am not a glitz and glitter kind of gal. Growing up, it was always jeans and a t-shirt. But danged if those shiny dressy didn’t catch my attention from time to time and secretly I coveted that confidence in those glittery things. Same for everything, cars, notebooks, nails, and so on. At the end of the day, I always picked the more basic version.
- 5 tbs unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tbs unsalted butter for greasing the pan
- 8 whole (4 oz) graham crackers, broken into large chunks
- 1 tbs sugar
- 5 8 oz (2 1/2 lbs) packages cream cheese, room temperature, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/8 teas salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teas freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teas vanilla
- 2 large egg yolks, plus 6 eggs, room temp