Enter to Win a 170z bottle of Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil through May 22nd.
- Something about popsicles, they remind you of hot summer days, lounging in the grass barefoot, the music box sound of an ice cream truck long gone and the forgotten giggles of childhood. I have never been much for frozen treats, one or two bites and I’m satisfied (so anything on a stick melted long before I even came close to finishing). I recently saw a popsicle recipe book and was reminded of the endless flavor combinations possible with these frozen treats and it sparked my interest.
- Even though I may not love lots and lots of frozen treats, one here and there would be nice. And I do run a food blog… You know, cuz I needed an excuse to have popsicle molds in the kitchen…
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Recipe from Willow Bird Baking, adapted from Our Best Bites and The Kitchn
- For the Lemonade Layer:
- 1 1/3 cups lowfat yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp sugar
- For the Strawberry Layer:
- 1 pint strawberries, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- First, make the lemonade layer mixture. Heat the lemon juice in a small, microwaveable bowl for around 45 seconds and dissolve all the sugar into it. Pour this mixture into a medium bowl with the yogurt and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to assemble popsicles.