Ok folks. I have a confession to make. This isn’t a new recipe. It’s…two years old.
Here’s the deal. I have been super busy with some other stuff, and haven’t been devoting as much time to the kitchen – particularly baking. So I dug through my files of Ami recipes for a fun summery treat that y’all might not have seen. This recipe was published over two years ago…how many of you were even reading this blog then?!
Well, just cause it aint new, doesn’t mean it isn’t really delicious. The title might be a bit misleading, because it’s not really ice cream in the middle, but it’s creamy and served frozen so I’m taking my creative license to bat here.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1½ cups parve whip, divided
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, Tofutti works great
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar