I hope you enjoyed my last post on Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole because the slow cooker Thanksgiving recipes continue today with these Beer Cheese Mashed Potatoes!
The day I eventually host Thanksgiving will be the day I own at least a dozen two slow cookers. I imagine dedicating as much of the oven to the biggest turkey I can find, the rest of the oven-space to an inordinate amount of stuffing, and then breaking out the two slow cookers for potatoes and other vegetable side-dishes.
- 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup beer, such as a brown ale or amber wheat beer
- 2 tbsp butter, plus additional for mashing/serving
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp half&half or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste