I know I said I’d have this recipe to you by Monday, but sometimes life gets in the way. This weekend it did so in the form of internet/phone access, or lack there of, and as such I could not successfully prepare this post for you.
I guess I could have just shared the recipe and said nothing to you, but that would’ve been rude. I love rambling on and on about food chatting with you all about new recipes, especially ones as epic as this one. How on Earth could you get the full, dramatic effect of Roasted Root Vegetable Crostini with Cranberry Relish if I didn’t shout about it for a few paragraphs?
- olive or vegetable oil, as needed
- 3 shallots, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed into 1 inch squares (4 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1 inch squares (2 cups)
- 8 oz brussels sprouts, halved
- 8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- zest and juice from one orange
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2-4 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 french baguette loaf, cut into 1 inch thick slices