Have you noticed the severe lack of cupcakes on the blog? I have yet to share even one cupcake recipe in 2014.
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?! IT MUST BE PUT TO A STOP AT ONCE!
So say hello to these fresh and fruity Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!
A fluffy vanilla cake with fresh lemon zest, stuffed with sweet strawberry jam, and topped with tart lemonade frosting, these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are the perfect addition to any Spring party or Summer BBQ!
Yes, I am already imagining Summer. I need to imagine that this year, Summer in NJ will be something akin to Spring everywhere else, since Spring is just a cruel extension of Winter at the moment with hints of sunshine. Since, you know, we had snow the other day.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 lemon's worth of lemon zest (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 12 tbsp (3/4 cup) strawberry jam
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered lemonade mix
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted (measure out, then sift)
- 2 to 4 tbsp lemon juice (use the 2 lemons from the cupcake batter!) as needed