The weather has finally shaped up and it looks like Fall is just around the corner. Leaves turning just a smidge of orange, a crisp chill to the breeze, and Pumpkin-everything on the shelves makes for one happy blogger.
As the weather turns cooler, I find that I am more drawn to comfort foods and hearty meals as well. In the summer, it was so hot that all I could think about was ice coffee and microwave meals, anything that meant I didn’t have to turn the oven on.
ALL BETS ARE OFF FRIENDS!
- one batch caramelized onions* (see recipe in Notes Section)
- 1 box whole wheat elbow pasta
- equal parts beef broth and water for boiling (~3 cups each)
- 1 cup freshly grated Gruyere cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs