So I know I told you I would be back with more adventures in rice and I thought I’d bring you a “How to Cook Rice on the Stovetop” post but…
after the delectable yet exhausting ordeal with the Arroz con Pollo (which was TOTES worth it, by the way) I knew I wanted to try out a rice recipe that would relieve stress, not create it.
At that point, it just popped into my head: I already had a recipe like that, straight from my family.
Red Beans and Rice!
This is one of those sort-of recipes that is a little “semi-homemade” but still freaking amazing so don’t judge me you crazy people dinner should be easy once in a while absolutely worth the bookmarking for a lazy, simple, comforting dinner.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 oz chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1/2 of a 12 oz jar sofrito (the rest can be stored in the fridge)
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15 oz) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked white rice, for serving