So you may remember my little obsession with muffins?
Or you are totes new to the blog in which case you have no idea what I’m talking about. Either way, after receiving such positive reviews about my muffins from my Entrepreneurship class (muffin food truck project ) I decided it’s about time I started trying out new recipes. Therefore I am jumping on the #muffinmonday bandwagon and will be featuring them weekly here on the blog.
So who’s up for some cake batter muffins?!
Because everything is better with sprinkles.
And chocolate chips.
I did some Googling to figure out what exactly is in cake mix, and I thought that since it had sugar and leavening agents already mixed in, I should decrease the amounts in my base recipe. Worked wonderfully in terms of the sugar, these were sweet without immediately inducing cavities.
But I sort of wish I had just left the baking powder alone though since they came out a smidge flatter than I would’ve liked. Or I could’ve just tested out Sally’s tip about lowering the oven temp halfway through. OR I could stop being so indecisive all the time and just come up with more than one base recipe like I did with the eggnog muffins.
- I did some Googling to figure out what exactly is in cake mix, and I thought that since it had sugar and leavening agents already mixed in, I should decrease the amounts in my base recipe. Worked wonderfully in terms of the sugar, these were sweet without immediately inducing cavities.
- Though you may not be able to get out of classwork, a batch of these muffins would most definitely brighten up anyone’s day. Plus, it’s someone’s birthday somewhere, right? So really, we could just celebrate indefinitely with tons of magnificent muffins, countless cupcakes, bodacious brownies…
- And to answer your question: No – no one has found a cure for my alliteration illness yet. I’m trying my best here people but blame Baker Street for creating the adorable alliteration of #muffinmonday ! It just started me down the slippery slope of..
- OMG I have a problem.
- Let me just stuff a muffin in my mouth (no seriously, I can’t stop. Help meeeee) and leave you with the recipe.
- Happy Baking!
- Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Muffins
- Via ME
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Funfetti cake mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- rainbow sprinkles for decoration