- I know; it’s been so long. I apologize but it’s been a bit hectic here and I’ve succumbed to some laziness when it comes to the kitchen. But this will have been worth the wait; I promise. I bring you a recipe I’ve discovered online, for the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits that I know you all crave the way I do every time you see their commercials.
- Yes, my friends, they can be made at home with a whopping 5 ingredients and under 30 minutes. We must share this news with the world!
- Here’s your major cast of characters: Bisquick, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Mix these together with some milk and that’s it on the biscuit end of the equation. The simplicity is absolutely mind-blowing; how did we never discover this sooner?
- Into a 400 degree oven they go for about 10 minutes, and while they do you whip up a magical concoction of melted butter, oregano, and garlic salt. Take the biscuits out….
- brush with butter mixture, then back in the oven they go for another 5-6 minutes.
- And that’s it.
- Yes. Really. That’s it.
- Oh, and ready for this? Not only do they taste just like Red Lobster’s infamous biscuits, because they are made with Bisquick this recipe can be converted into a GLUTEN FREE CHEDDAR BAY BISCUIT. No longer do those with the dreaded allergy have to sacrifice the taste of these biscuits. Just pick up the gf bisquick mix, and keep everything else the same. It’s that simple, that wonderful, and that delicious.
- These are my last two weeks with the family so I will admit posts will be fewer and far between for awhile. Once September rolls around though and I’m back at Rutgers I’ll be sharing sweet treats with everyone I meet and I’ll be sure to share them here, as always, with you.
- Happy Baking!
- Homemade Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Via JoyfulAbode
- 2 cups Bisquick Mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt