Our house exterior is getting redone. Roof, done! Windows, done! Now after the Easter holidays, it will be the sidings and the patio. A lot of noise, dust, macho guys walking around. But oh I can’t wait to see the ugly chocolate brown and beige exterior gone after a few more weeks! GONE!!! It’s been six years!
Speaking of Easter, I’ve made some adorable treats for my kids and friends. We love bunnies, we really do! And those hot cross buns! You should make them and eat them WHENEVER YOU WANT!
And cake! Of course we almost have cake every day!
The cake layers are chocolate devil’s food cake, which is my go-to chocolate cake. It takes a bit more steps to make, compared with my super easy one-bowl chocolate cake recipe, but this cake is tender, yet moist and holds together well from cooling to frosting to slicing and serving.
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 100 grams dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup whipping cream