The baked potatoes get sliced in half, baked in the oven and topped with a loaded bacon broccoli cheddar sauce. A super, easy family favorite dish on your table in 30 minutes.
Hey guys! I’m Emily from Layers of Happiness – a food blog where my mom and I share family favorite recipes using everyday ingredients and extraordinary flavor. I’m so excited to share one of our family’s new favorite recipes: Baked Potatoes with Loaded Broccoli Bacon Cheese Sauce.
Loaded baked potatoes are a very popular in our house. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon, broccoli, and cheese stuffed in a baked potato? It’s a most glorious combination we just can’t get enough of.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups whole milk (no substitutions)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (not pre shredded)
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1¼ cups chopped steamed broccoli florets (they should be chopped up into very small pieces and then measured)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled