If you’re like my family, you probably have some leftover pie after a big holiday meal. Or maybe you don’t because Uncle Joe got up at 2am, cleared the place out, and then blamed it on Scruffy! Poor Scruffy.
The next morning, no one really has the nerve to make the first move on the leftover pie. Some might declare, “Oh I simply couldn’t imagine eating pie right now!” grasping their stomach in embarrassment. Others nod in agreement, secretly wishing they would leave the room so they could have a slice for breakfast.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax (or chia seeds)
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or to taste
- 2.5 cups leftover chopped pumpkin pie (or other flavour) approx 3-4 slices, divided