Isn’t it cruel that I’m dangling these burrito pictures in front of you several hours before lunch on a Monday morning? If I was a better planner, I would have posted this recipe yesterday. Then you could have made these for dinner and had leftovers for lunch today. Oops?
The truth is, I was just too busy stuffing my face with burritos yesterday!
Burritos are delicious, versatile, portable, filling, and a great source of vegan protein. What’s not to love? Plus, what other food are you challenged to stuff a thin, tiny wrap with as much filling as possible while avoiding explosion? The challenge is thrilling.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, cubed, & roasted
- 1/2 cup uncooked short grain brown rice (yields: 1.5 cups cooked)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- One 15-oz can black beans (about 1.5-2 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup Daiya cheese
- 4 tortilla wraps (large or x-large)
- Toppings of choice: (avocado, salsa, vegan sour cream, spinach/lettuce, cilantro, etc)