This is going to be a wonderful weekend for eating. :)
Thursday night and Friday I got busy making the menu plans and doing some prep ahead of time for our gatherings this weekend. One of my best tricks for stress-free party hosting is making things ahead of time as much as possible. [My post ‘Tick Tock, Racing Against The Clock’ includes a bunch of tips and shows how I planned ahead for my 1st vegan Thanksgiving.]
I started planning for today’s get together with my sister Kerrie and family.
My goal: 2 appetizers, main + 2 sides, wine, and dessert.
- 1 medium sized onion, diced (~2 cups)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece bread + 1 tbsp earth balance (processed into crumbs) OR 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 (15oz) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, stems removed, and chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or cheese if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8th tsp dried basil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes & other spices as desired