Happy Thursday folks!
Fun fact: Last night’s post was my 1500th post since Oct 31, 2008. Where does the time go?! I want to have a reader appreciation day on Oct 31st. I just need to figure out what to do…
Today is also the last day you can vote in Project Food Blog Challenge #4 . I would love your support in helping me get to the next round. :) You can vote here .
I went to Paris and back this morning… ;)
My goal for my morning recipe was to come up with a Powerhouse cookie for the Fall season.
- 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia + 4 tbsp water, mixed well)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (can use black seeds for Halloween!)
- 1 cup rolled oats, processed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose or mix of AP + spelt might work)
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (would probably omit next time!)
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt