The originally scheduled post on French Press Coffee has been postponed for something much more important and, ahem, pressing .
I think you will see why I had to get this off my chest…
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies are my new favourite Fall treat.
I have always been a huge fan of whoopie pies. They are the perfect combination of whoopie and pie, don’t you think?
A bit spongy, a bit cakey, with a fluffy and sweet middle. How could you go wrong? When I became a vegan, I thought my whoopie pie days were long over, but today I realized I could make whoopie like the rest of ‘em. ;)
- 1 heaping cup pureed pumpkin
- 1.25 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup whole-grain Kamut flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance buttery spread
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup Sucanat sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- Spiced Butter Cream Frosting (without almond milk)