Usually around mid-to-late August, I can’t help but think about Fall.
Don’t get me wrong, I love summer and cherish every second of it (and yes our summer in Canada can be counted by the second!), but my mind wanders to thoughts of Fall around this time.
Crisp, bright, crunchy, and cool fall.
The smell of fireplaces and those final uses of the BBQ.
Raking leaves until the blisters on my fingers hurt so bad, I must come inside.
Ok, so maybe fall isn’t all it is cracked up to be. I just can’t decide if I am on Team Summer or Team Fall right now.
- 1.5 cups cooked black beans
- 1.5 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large patty pan squash, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 corn on the cob, corn removed
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Easy Bean Salad Vinaigrette (3 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp sunflower oil, 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt, 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Dried parsley
- Sea salt and pepper to taste