We have had an unusually cold and wet winter here in Northern California. I have found myself turning to this recipe again and again as a hearty, healthy, easy way to warm up myself at dinner – and have leftovers for lunch the next day.
This recipe is incredibly easy and hands-off, and as a bonus it is also vegan. I often find vegan food to be lacking in that certain je ne sais quoi, but this curry is universally enjoyed by just about everyone I’ve served it to, and has great flavor and depth without a lot of effort.
RECIPE: Slow Cooker Pumpkin, Lentil, & Chickpea Curry
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red or yellow lentils, rinsed and picked over for stones
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tblsp curry powder
- 1 (15 oz) can full fat coconut milk