This sandwich is a game changer at least for me. I ate a similar one in Tuscany and I was floored by how something so simple can be so delicious. Fresh roasted vegetables and a delicious pesto. YES! That’s it, that simple.. it’s one of those condiments you want to add it to everything.
This sandwich is a good example of what a Mediterranean diet prescribes. Whole grain bread, fruity e.v olive oil, lots of vegetables all comes together in a delicious Italian inspired sandwich. If you decide to make it please share comment here on Instagram would love to see your creation.
- 8 oz jarred sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, do not drain, if you choose tomatoes not in olive oil, use 4 Tablespoons not 2 T good quality extra virgin oil while blending
- 3 cloves garlic, about 1 teaspoon minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves only, packed tightly
- 1/4 tsp or to your liking chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice to brighten the flavors
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black peppeR