It has been in the low 100s here the past week and I am in no mood to turn the stove on. We choose to grill outdoors today. This salad is delicious, a great way to celebrate summer vegetables and comes together very quickly . I picked these beautiful zucchinis, tomatoes, green beans from our midweek farmers market. I love pop up farmers markets all through summer. It’s not as big as the Sunday one but love to pick a few that got missed out on Sunday.
I paired grilled veggies with some raw veggies and tossed them with my favorite local olive oil and zaatar, then served it alongside fig tapenade. The tapenade is the star of this salad. You can also add some feta cheese for additional flavor and some really good crackers to scoop the tapenade.
Serves 2- 3 as main meal or 6 as side
Summer Vegetable Salad with fig tapenade
- 1 long Japanese eggplant, cut diagonally
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon zaatar
- 1/2 pound small new red potatoes
- 1 tub heirloom baby tomatoes halved if large
- 1-1/2 cups kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 large clove garlic
- 6-8 fresh or dried figs
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil