These Chocolate Chip and M&M’S Oatmeal Cookies have become one of my favorite recipes! They are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. These cookies are packed with mini chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips and topped with crunchy colorful M&M’S candies.
The secret to these delicious cookies is that they use shortening instead of butter. No waiting for butter to come to room temperature, you can start baking right away. I like keeping these baking sticks on hand for easy measuring.
Just look at the amazing texture of this cookie dough! Packed with oatmeal and chocolate chips!
- 1 stick (1 cup) of Crisco vegetable shortening
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, spooned and leveled into measuring cup
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of old-fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of M&M'S