This Grilled Mexican Street Corn recipe is so delicious and incredibly easy to make! Fresh summer corn coated in a creamy mixture of sour cream, mayo, chili powder and cotija cheese, then finished off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. This corn on the cob is just so flavorful, and the recipe is easily increased to feed a crowd.
I like to start by grilling the corn in just the inner layer of the husks, then finish it off with the husks removed. Summer corn is so sweet and juicy and cooking it initially in the husks keeps it from drying out.
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of crumbled cotija cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, plus more for topping
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for topping
- 4 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 1 lime