This Grilled Carne Asada is so tender and delicious, perfect for summer time grilling! Perfectly seared flank steak marinated in a blend of garlic, fresh citrus and cilantro, and tossed on a screaming hot grill.
We use a two pound flank steak which runs about $15 in our area. Marinate for at least an hour but no longer than eight hours to keep the meat from breaking down in the marinade.
Then toss on a super hot grill for 5-7 minutes per side until cooked to medium rare.
Let rest for at least 10 minutes, then slice diagonally across the grain of the flank steak to serve. Serve with homemade salsa, pico de gallo and guacamole. You can serve carne asada in tacos or as a main dish. Try it with grilled mexican street corn for a delicious dinner!
- 2 pound flank steak
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 3/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- additional kosher salt, garlic powder and pepper for seasoning before grilling