These peppermint chocolate sugar cookies are a fun take on the traditional sugar cookie – perfect for the chocolate lover!
I hope you’re still planning to do some cooking baking because I have a couple great recipes for you this week!
This one is a fun take on traditional sugar cookies. These peppermint chocolate sugar cookies are SO easy to make, and look great on the cookie table. Oh and they taste great too! I grew up making sugar cut-out cookies and I love that recipe (I think it was my aunt’s). They had nutmeg and lemon extract in them which sounds like a strange combo at first but it added such great flavor to the cookies. However, they spread and are not perfect cut-outs. Enter in Katrina’s recipe for what she dubs the best sugar cookie recipe . And I gotta say, she nailed it. These cookies are ridiculously easy to make, don’t require any chilling time (!!!) and hold their shape wonderfully thanks to a little help from baking powder.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 and 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, extra for rolling out cookies