These Healthier Honey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect way to satisfy your mad chocolate cravings.
I was inspired to make these cookies for my daughter because she is all about being healthy. It got me thinking with Easter right around the corner, it’s time to start prepping the much sought after Easter baskets. Instead of the mundane hollow chocolate bunnies, and gooey marshmallow chicks, gift your loved ones and foodies in your life with a nutritious selection of delicious bite-sized snacks and beverages.
- 1 cup quick steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup oat flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips