This saucy Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Cashew Chicken is bursting with a kaleidoscope of flavor.
recipe adapted from Boys Ahoy.
I was provided the product free of charge. No other compensation was provided. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.
I had the opportunity to try out Hamilton Beach’s newest product, a two in one, Slow cooker and Sous Vide. so, what is Sous Vide? Sous Vide is a cooking technique that literally means “under vacuum”. It is a method of cooking where you place the food in an airtight bag and submerge the ingredients, in a precise temperature-controlled water bath. Your food will cook evenly throughout which greatly reduces any risk of over or under cooking. Just like the slow cooker, walk away and let the appliance do the work.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast thins, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 8 petite white potatoes, quartered
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
- optional: corn starch slurry
- cashews, cilantro, cooked rice for serving