Panzanella Caprese salad. The dressing-soaked garlic croutons are what makes this salad so amazing!
- 400g (14oz) mixed, vine-ripened tomatoes – make sure they’re room temperature and not straight from the fridge for maximum flavour.
- Large pinch of freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices garlic bread from a refrigerated garlic baguette (alternatively you can mix 3 tbsp salted butter with 1 minced garlic clove and ½ tsp fresh or dried parsley, and spread it on 4 slices of baguette – both sides)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- ½ a clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- **To Serve:
- 125g ((4.4oz)Mozzarella, roughly torn
- 10 basil leaves, sliced or torn