Smookies (Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies with Toasted Marshmallows)
on July 20, 2012
What could possibly be better than a warm chocolate chip cookie?
How about 2 warm chocolate chip cookies…
…filled with gooey fire roasted marshmallows?
If this doesn’t make you want to start a bonfire right now, I’m not sure you’re breathing.
This, dear friends, is a smookie.And it. is. incredible.Truthfully, I owe you all an apology, because I’ve been holding out on you.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2⅓ cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (table salt would also work fine)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Hershey's milk chocolate bars
- 15-30 marshmallows for smookies, depending on how much mallow you like in your sandwich.